- Approximately 25,000 large animals live in the crater.
- Crater lions
- Lake Magadi Flamingos
- Ol Duvai Gorge
About Ngorongoro Crater
- The Ngorongoro Crater was once a gigantic volcano.
- The largest intact caldera in the world.
- The Ngorongoro crater is a deep, volcanic caldera a breathtaking natural wonder.
- Before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Today, long since having collapsed and eroded,
- It is an extensive highland area with 600 m deep Ngorongoro Crater.
- Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth.