- Top wildlife viewing in the dry season
- Guided walks and boat safaris available
- Lions are easily found at the lake shores
- One of the best places in East Africa to encounter wild dogs
- Excellent mid-range and luxury lodges and no large-scale accommodations
- Selous secluded and off the beaten track.
- The Selous Game Reserve offers visitors a slice of undisturbed wilderness than Serengeti, Tarangire and Ngorongoro
- Has spectacular array of fauna and flora.
- It was declared a World Heritage Site due to its dramatic landscapes and great diversity of wildlife.
- The Selous allow hiking, offer wildlife exploration
- Tanzania pristine landscapes on foot.
- It is among the largest protected areas in Africa and is relatively undisturbed by human impact.